Verb provides a trusted and scalable solution for employees to develop themselves as human-centered leaders through practice-based learning. To keep up with improving the practice-based experience, our team constantly updates the platform.
Becoming a great leader doesn’t happen overnight. We designed our new Momentum Score to measure a learner’s engagement and growth.
In the same way that a credit score combines various data points to assess the creditworthiness of an individual, the Momentum Score demonstrates how learners have been growing with Verb.
The Momentum Score supports learners in deepening their development by:
- Visualizing their last 30 days on the platform
- Encouraging them to continue and get the most out of their time
- Offering tips on how to boost their leadership development — and their score!
How Exactly Does it Work?
The Momentum Score reflects how we think about leadership development as it relates to the learning loop. At the core of our instructional design is the concept that real learning happens through a process that includes:
- Gaining knowledge about a concept
- Practicing and making a plan
- Applying it in the real world
- Reflecting on how it went and what they’ve learned
The Momentum Score combines data points that indicate a learner has engaged in the four components of the learning loop. They can see their current score on their platform profile page.
Based on the data over the past 30-day period, a learner can be in one of four tiers:
- Countdown (the default for when a Verb learner logs in for the first time)
Next to the graph of their current score, a learner will have prompts on how to increase their score, propel them to the next learning tier, and further improve their leadership development.
Admins can see an employee’s current Momentum Score on the engagement dashboard by selecting the learner tab and looking in the drill down by learner section. Historical Momentum Scores will be coming soon to allow admins even more insight into their leadership development program.