EFFECTIVE DATE: 4/12/2017
Verb, Inc. (“Verb”) values your privacy. In this Data Policy (“Policy”), we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about visitors to our website, www.verb.net, www.goverb.com, and any related applications owned by Verb, Inc. or any affiliated websites we host on behalf of our customers (together, our “Sites”), and the services available through our Sites (“Services”).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU THROUGH SITES.
The type of information that we collect from you depends on your use of our Sites and our Services. When you visit our websites or use our applications, we may collect your name, contact information, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CONTEST WEBSITES.
We also collect information from you when you participate in one of our contests or a forum on a contest website. Certain features of our Sites (such as contest entry) require registration. When you register, we collect your name, email address, and contact information. You have the option of including additional information, such as a picture, education, work and social innovation experience, and other documentation that you choose to submit to support your entry. The sponsor of each competition determines the information that it seeks from you; therefore, depending on the particular competition, we may require additional information from you and the scope of the information that you submit may vary by competition.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU FROM SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES.
You also may log into our Sites through Facebook or other social networking sites. If you do so, we will request your permission to your public profile and email. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public. We store the information that we receive from these sites with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. For information about how these sites may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their privacy policies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, including to enable your entry in a competition, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites or our services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, information about competitions, or to otherwise contact you about information that may be of interest to you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and to improve our Sites and services and respond to user desires and preferences.
- For other research and analytical purposes, such as to examine trends in participation, success in campaigns and/or competition, as well as overall web usage.
- If you are an authorized user under an enterprise license, to track your progress through professional development, mentoring, and engagement activities and share such information with your employer and/or enterprise sponsor.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information, as follows:
- Enterprise Clients.If you are an authorized user under an enterprise license, we may share your information with your sponsor, which, in most cases, is your employer.
- Groups and Colleagues.If you are participating in activities on the Sites which provide for working in groups, we may share your information with colleagues in those groups.
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Social Media Users.Your social media username and profile picture may be visible to other users of our Services, regardless of whether they are connected to you via social media. In addition, there may be a reference to our Sites on social media pages.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that perform functions on our behalf.
- Upon Your Direction.If we have applications which allow you to share your content and work product with designees, we may share such information with your designees at your direction to do so.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or other business transfer, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other entity.
- In Response to Legal Process.We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You may post content on certain of our Sites to our forums and blogs, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Sites. If you post content to our Sites, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Sites. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you (e.g., emails notifying you about competitions that may be of interest to you). You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.