Verb, Inc. is a remote-first company with HQ in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
- Write new backend APIs to support frontend features
- Build and expand on current testing framework around code
- Work with stakeholders to plan, implement, and deliver features
- Mentor other developers around best practices
- Manage infrastructure and lead improvements and additions with IAC solutions
- Analyze system metrics and create response plans to any issues in security
- Work with client engineering teams to develop specific solutions to serve clients’ needs
- Assist the sales and customer success teams providing technical documentation
We are on a MERN stack deployed across two data centers. We continuously deploy to both data centers multiple times a day with a great amount of automation.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing back end and front end components of web applications running at scale
- Experience working with NodeJS using common design patterns
- Experience working with a modern UI framework, preferable React or Vue
- Experience working with document stores, like MongoDB
- Experience using CI/CD methodologies to quickly iterate over features
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes especially Agile or Lean
- Proven diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies and practices
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to define the best approaches to a problem
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- Working with AWS (Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambdas, EC2s, and VPCs)
- Writing complex SQL queries with a well-known relational database
- Testing and behavior driven development
- Working with Docker
- Working with IAC solutions like Serverless and Terraform
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive annual base salary: $105,000 – $115,000
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse/children, or $200 monthly stipend if medical insurance is already covered via your partner)
- 401(K) – no company matching at this point
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend $25
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Optional short & long-term disability insurance
- A unique culture where you can be yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.