Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
What Awesome Stuff You’ll Do:
We are looking for a seasoned veteran in the role who can help build out processes with our Director of Sales while doing the role as well to pave the way for a bigger team of SDRs in the future. This is going to be a Player/Coach Role once we get the processes in place. Day-to-day, you will research companies, uncover how our solution matches their needs & present the value of our approach confidently and clearly. The role is as a Sr. Sales Development Representative and will contribute to the following areas:
- Proactive outreach & qualification of named accounts
- Uncovering prospects pain and other decision criteria
- Clearly articulating the benefits and outcomes of Verb
- Fielding inbound sales calls, emails & qualifying inbound leads
- Schedule handover to Account Executives with clear notes
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic, passion to be part of Verb, work well through ambiguity and change, and the driveto not only meet but exceed sales targets. Self-motivated hustlers looking to grow their career in software sales are an ideal fit for this position. We want to develop our SDR’s into AE’s.
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- 3+ Years in a SaaS sales role, focused on inside sales
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, not required
- Experience in and knowledge of adult learning / learning and development/ leadership development
- Experience with sales processes and funnel management
- Familiarity withOutreach.IO, Gong, ZoomInfo, Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Googlesuite, Docsend
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- Highly motivated and willing to wear many hats, we’re a fast-paced startup and work as a team to support our growth, so you’ll often get tasks that aren’t directly related to your job function
- Critical thinker, you don’t just look at what we’re doing today, but are constantly thinking about ways we can improve to supercharge our growth
- Enjoy continuous learning and are willing to dedicate time to perfect your craft and develop your soft skills
- Enjoy working with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions
Verb is a small, fast-growing technology company based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to unlock the potential of 1MM people through whole-person development at work. We do this by providing innovative online leadership training that combines mindset and skillset development, collaborative learning, and performance feedback. We sell to enterprise and mid-market customers who offer Verb’s SaaS platform to their employees as a professional development tool. Our company evolved out of the need to provide engaging, accessible, and effective leadership development for employees in a variety of jobs, from knowledge workers to retail employees. We track our success through key metrics such as increases in rates of internal promotion, employee engagement, reduction in voluntary turnover, and improved managerial performance reviews. We target everyone from aspiring managers to senior leadership in companies ranging from 250 – 200,000 employees.
Our Purpose: To unlock and cultivate human potential.
Our Vision: To unlock the potential of 1 million people at work.
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.