Verb, Inc. is a remote-first company with HQ in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
- Write new backend APIs to support frontend features
- Build and expand on current testing framework around code
- Ask good questions, demonstrate empathy, and maintain a positive attitude
- Expand on Verb’s current testing framework
- Manage and deploy infrastructure via IAC tooling
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, and QA to implement and deliver features
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
We are on a MERN stack deployed across two data centers. We continuously deploy to both data centers multiple times a day with a great amount of automation.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- 2 years of experience developing back end and front end components of web applications running at scale
- Experience working with NodeJS using common design patterns
- Proficiency with a modern UI framework, preferably React or Vue
- Experience working with document stores, like MongoDB
- Experience with a well-known relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Interest in CI/CD methodologies and a firm grasp on Git
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes, especially Agile
- Proven diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and self-motivation
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- Working with AWS services (Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, VPC, etc.)
- Building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Using big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Testing and behavior driven development
- Working with an IAC tool
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools, such as Gulp and Travis CI
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive annual base salary: $90,000 – $105,000
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse/children, or $200 monthly stipend if medical insurance is already covered via your partner)
- 401(K) – no company matching at this point
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend $25
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Optional short & long-term disability insurance
- A unique culture where you can be yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.