Verb is a leadership development platform that activates employees to become human-centered leaders. Verb’s bite-sized, actionable lessons provide on-demand, on-the-job support as well as structured learning paths. Our proprietary library includes over 100 hours of micro-learning content on topics such as leading teams, self-awareness, growth mindset, feedback, collaboration, and DEI&B. Verb’s customers include global brands like Salesforce, Facebook, Whole Foods, and CHANEL.
Our vision is to create human-centered leaders who take responsibility for both people and the planet.
We are looking for a personable and experienced Sales Enablement Manager / Sales Trainer, who is comfortable in a start-up environment. As Verb’s first Sales Enablement hire, you’ll have a clean slate to set the foundation for the go-to-market organization to scale. You’ll create our training program that accelerates the performance of the revenue team (marketing, sales, and customer success). You’ll build playbooks and training resources. Most importantly, you’ll be the connective tissue that ties our teams together from rep-to-rep, from sales to marketing to customer success to product and engineering.
Here’s a list of things you will do in your day-to-day:
- Create sales enablement strategies which align with company, revenue team, and individual team members’ goals
- Produce revenue team training materials from scratch
- Develop and lead group training sessions
- Conduct call reviews for all revenue team members
- Construct role-plays & provide coaching for the revenue team
- Practice the Verb pitch with all revenue team members
- Work with the Dir, Sales to optimize Verb’s sales playbook, including sales pitch messaging & strategies
- Collaborate with the revenue and product teams to ensure revenue team members are trained on the latest product releases and strategy
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
Successful candidates have a strong work ethic and the drive to not only meet but exceed the sales enablement & team goals. If you are passionate about Verb’s vision and a self-motivated team player capable of navigating through change with a growth mindset, you are an ideal fit for this position.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- 5+ years of direct sales experience with demonstrated experience designing and delivering sales training programs, ideally in a software sales environment (B2B SaaS)
- Ability to translate performance needs into enablement solutions which generate results
- Instructional Design: expertise in designing effective training materials for revenue teams
- Detailed knowledge of how salespeople communicate, learn, and perform
- Confidence facilitating and effectively teaching people who have various working styles in a modern tech workplace
- Familiarity with sales processes, funnel management, and common sales methodologies (Challenger, Spin, Value Selling)
- Experience working cross-functionally between sales, marketing, product, and customer success
- Familiarity with Outreach.IO, Gong, ZoomInfo, Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Google Suite, Docsend
- Experience in and knowledge of adult learning is a plus, not a must
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Qualities
- Ability to coach and help others create and stick to action plans
- Natural aptitude to provide candid feedback
- High competence to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly, easily and articulately respond to questions & a phenomenal listener
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of follow-through, capacity to creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Critical thinker, you don’t just look at what we’re doing today but are constantly thinking about ways we can improve to expedite our growth
- Enjoy working with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive annual base salary: $95,000 – $105,000
- 100% remote work
- Flex Fridays (all year)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse/children)
- Generous parental leave policy
- Remote work stipend
- Optional short & long-term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Optional 401(k)
- An inclusive culture where you can be yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.