Verb, Inc. is based in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
We are looking for a personable and experienced sales development representative who is comfortable in a start-up environment. This person will be the first point of contact for future customers and play a vital role in finding great matches between Verb and potential clients. You will be telling the story of Verb and the problems we solve. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated “quick study” who is capable of producing qualified leads immediately. Day-to-day, you will research companies, uncover how our solution matches their needs & present the value of our approach confidently and clearly.
The role as a Sales Development Representative and will contribute to the following areas:
- Proactive outreach & qualification of named accounts
- Uncovering prospects pain and other decision criteria
- Clearly articulating the benefits and outcomes of Verb
- Fielding inbound sales calls, emails & qualifying inbound leads
- Schedule handover to Account Executives with clear notes
- Ongoing self development
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
Successful candidates have a strong work ethic and the drive to not only meet but exceed sales targets. They are passionate about Verb’s vision, strong team players, and capable of effectively navigating through ambiguity and change. Self-motivated entrepreneurs looking to advance their career in software sales are an ideal fit for this position. Our goal is to develop our Sales Development Representatives into Account Executives quickly.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- 6 months to 2 years in a SaaS sales role, focused on inside sales
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, not required
- Experience in and knowledge of adult learning / learning and development/ leadership development
- Experience with sales processes and funnel management
- Familiarity with Outreach.IO, Gong, ZoomInfo, Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Google Suite, Docsend
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Qualities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Can articulate ideas clearly and succinctly
- Able to creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Can easily respond articulately to questions
- Phenomenal listener
- Willing to wear many hats; we’re a fast-paced startup and work as a team to support our growth, so you’ll often get tasks that aren’t directly related to your job function
- Critical thinker; you don’t just look at what we’re doing today but are constantly thinking about ways we can improve to expedite our growth
- Enjoy continuous learning and the will to dedicate time to perfect your craft and develop your soft skills
- Enjoy working with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Life insurance coverage
- Short & long-term disability insurance (optional)
- A unique culture where you can be the best version of yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.