Verb, Inc. is based in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
We are looking for a personable and experienced Sales Account Executive who is comfortable in a start-up environment in a B2B sales position. This person will develop and manage our sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales, and move a large number of transactions. You will be telling the story of Verb and the problems we solve.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated “quick study” who is capable of driving sales of Verb products among HR leaders in the U.S. Day-to-day, you will provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers. Our Sales Account Executive will contribute to the following areas:
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Coordinate resources throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products
- Practice effective, respectful communication with customers, peers, cross-functional and leadership teams
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities, including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer experience
- Work with the Director of Sales to map, develop, and acquire new accounts
- Identify a prospect’s issues, recognize requirements, and effectively articulate potential solutions utilizing the Verb playbook and use cases
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
Successful candidates have a strong work ethic and the drive to not only meet but exceed sales targets. They are passionate about Verb’s vision, strong team players, and capable of effectively navigating through ambiguity and change. Self-motivated entrepreneurs looking to advance their career in software sales are an ideal fit for this position.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a SaaS sales role, specialized in B2B sales
- Knowledge of adult learning / learning and development/ leadership development and well connected within the HR market
- Experience with sales processes and funnel management
- Familiarity with Outreach.IO, Gong, ZoomInfo, Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Google Suite, Docsend
- Metrics oriented with a sense of urgency
- Track record of achieving and beating aggressive sales targets (annual quota at or greater than $180,000)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, not required
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Qualities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication & presentation skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly while being a phenomenal listener
- Able to creatively problem-solve on the fly and to interpret complex information for diverse audiences
- Ability to navigate competing priorities in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly competent in building relationships and providing meaningful feedback to customers, colleagues, executives, and other company leaders
- Willing to wear many hats; we’re a fast-paced startup and work as a team to support our growth, so you’ll often get tasks that aren’t directly related to your job function
- Critical thinker; you don’t just look at what we’re doing today but are constantly thinking about ways we can improve to expedite our growth
- Interested in continuous learning and the will to dedicate time to perfect your craft and develop your soft skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Life insurance coverage
- Short & long-term disability insurance (optional)
- A unique culture where you can be the best version of yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.