Verb, Inc. is based in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
As our Product Manager, you will become the expert on the Verb app and its many users. You’ll be responsible for scaling the product to deliver value to customers and generate revenue. While you’ll be a key contributor to vision and long-term strategy for Verb, your day-to-day duties will be focused on the tactical delivery of the product. You’ll report to the Director of Product but will collaborate closely with leaders and individual contributors across numerous teams.
- Spearhead product requirement scoping in collaboration with the Verb engineering, content, and design teams
- Define key performance indicators to track the success of product efforts and use these metrics to optimize the product
- Collaborate with Verb’s user researcher and data analyst to evaluate the success of product lines and shape their future direction
- Support Verb’s sales, customer-success, and marketing teams by working cross-functionally to ensure that products meet & exceed business needs as well as maintain user engagement
- With new product releases, you will work closely with our customer success and marketing teams to ensure seamless implementation and convey any pertinent new information and features to customers
- Assess product viability and scalability in current and potentially new markets via comprehensive competitor analysis within the learning and development industry
What You’ll Need to Be Successful at Verb
- Strong knowledge and experience of best practices in product management and development (i.e., managing backlogs, scoping features, writing user stories)
- Detailed grasp of the entire process (discovery, scoping, design, engineering, QA, release) and experience motivating diverse teams to deliver
- Experience with rapid product optimization and scaling options based on analysis of KPIs and other success metrics
- The ability to roll out new product features on short notice
- History of building successful relationships among engineers and designers as well as skillful internal and external stakeholder management
- Adept in balancing the big picture while delving into the details, but not getting caught by either
- Excellent listener and communicator who is skilled at forging relationships internally and externally
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of product management in an agile environment, preferably at a B2B organization
- Skilled in tactical execution, with extensive experience in planning, managing, and delivering large, long-term projects
- Ability to navigate competing priorities in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret complex information for diverse audiences
- Highly competent in building relationships and providing meaningful feedback to customers, colleagues, executives, and other company leaders
- Ability to draw actionable insights from user research, data, and engaging directly with end-users
- Business case development & content strategy for product pricing and marketing (nice to have, not a must)
- Mobile app creation and integration (nice to have, not a must)
- Design tools and methodologies (nice to have, not a must)
- B2B SaaS engagement strategies (nice to have, not a must)
- L&D/HR tech (nice to have, not a must)
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Life insurance coverage
- Short & long-term disability insurance (optional)
- A unique culture where you can be the best version of yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.