Verb is an employee learning and development platform that develops managers and their teams into effective, conscious leaders. Verb teaches the most critical leadership skills today, like self-awareness, inclusion and resilience. Our original content is delivered in bite-sized activities focused on real-world application. Through solo and team learning, Verb scales to thousands of employees and fosters a culture of conscious leadership. Verb serves both enterprise and midmarket customers and is based in Austin, TX.
As product manager, you’ll be the expert on the Verb app and its users. You’ll be responsible for scaling the product to deliver value to customers and generate revenue. While you’ll be a key contributor to vision and long-term strategy for Verb, your day-to-day will be focused on the tactical delivery of the product. You’ll report to the Director of Product but will collaborate closely with leaders and individual contributors across many teams.
- Own product management for several key aspects of Verb’s product, potentially including Verb’s mobile app, data strategy, and integrations.
- Spearhead product requirement scoping, collaborating with the Verb engineering, content, and design teams to do so.
- Define key performance indicators to track the success of product efforts and use these metrics to optimize the product.
- Collaborate with Verb’s user researcher and data analyst to evaluate the success of product lines and shape their future direction.
- Develop our customer reporting strategy, collaborating with UX, data, content, and engineering teams to define our point of view on measuring learner success.
- Support the Verb sales, customer success, and marketing teams by working cross-functionally to ensure that products meet business needs and keep users engaged.
- Work with Verb’s customer success team in ensuring a smooth implementation of our products and communicating product releases to customers.
- Support the Director of Product and Director of Learning Content in defining a roadmap and product strategy across Verb’s product lines.
- Assess product viability, market fit, and scalability by measuring against competitors in the learning and development space.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- A minimum of 3 years of product management (or equivalent) experience in an agile environment, preferably at a B2B organization.
- Skilled at tactical execution, with proven experience planning, managing, and delivering large, long-term projects.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to translate complex information to diverse audiences.
- Skilled at building relationships.
- Skilled at giving meaningful feedback to peers and company leaders.
- Readiness to take initiative, self-motivate, and be adaptable to change.
- Experience with user research, drawing actionable insights from data, and engaging directly with end-users.
Our Product Promise
Verb provides a trusted and scalable solution for employees to develop themselves as conscious leaders and support the growth of everyone they lead.
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community and create joy.
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; flexible vacation policy; flexible work from home; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself.
At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.