Verb, Inc. is a remote-first company with HQ in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
As a member of Verb’s diverse DEV team, you will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. Our team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from and/or lead others. At Verb we encourage all employees to show up as leaders, independent of our roles and responsibilities.
We are on a MERN stack deployed across two data centers, and we continuously deploy to both data centers multiple times a day with a great amount of automation.
Your day-to-day will look like this:
- Deliver complex, innovative features that are well designed and of high quality
- Partner with Product Management to better drive requirements that take into account all parties’ needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends as they relate to Verb’s product
- Take product requests and transform them into technical tickets
- Provide rotating on-call support for the full stack
- Complete tasks with very minimal direction and oversight
- Write clean and concise documentation for product features
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- 3+ years working with a modern UI framework, preferably React or Vue
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS using common design patterns
- Proficient with document stores, like MongoDB
- Experience with a well-known relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- 2+ years with CI/CD methodologies and a firm grasp on Git
- Experience with containerization, preferably ECS or Docker
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes, especially Agile
- Excellent communication and self-motivation
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- Working with AWS services (Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, VPC)
- Building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Using big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, KafkaTesting and behavior driven development
- Working with an IAC tool
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebration – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Our Company Benefits
- Competitive annual base salary: $85,000 – $95,000
- 100% remote work
- Half-day Fridays (all year)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse/children, or $200 monthly stipend if medical insurance is already covered via your partner)
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend $25
- Optional short & long-term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Optional 401(k)
- An inclusive culture where you can be yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.