Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and be a huge influence in laying down the foundation for our sales process and shaping our culture. Hustle, humility and life-long learning required!
Overview of role:
The Market Development Representative role is a position that gives you a great opportunity to get started at one of Austin’s burgeoning startups. We’re growing fast and invite you to grow with us! Sales Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Verb. As the “tip of the spear,” you will open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Schedule initial discovery/qualification calls with prospective customers
- Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required.
- Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
- Experience with client-facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support.
- Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc…)
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Adaptability: things change fast around here!
- High capacity for empathy.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business.
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce.com.
- You work best in dynamic environments where change is the only constant. If you thrive in a static organization with inert processes, keep looking!
Verb is a small, fast-growing technology company based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to unlock the potential of 1MM people through whole person development at work. We do this by providing innovative online leadership training that combines mindset and skillset development, collaborative learning, and performance feedback. We sell to enterprise and mid-market customers who offer Verb’s SaaS platform to their employees as a professional development tool.
Our company evolved out of the need to provide engaging, accessible, and effective leadership development for employees in a variety of jobs, from knowledge workers to retail employees. We track our success through key metrics such as increases in rates of internal promotion, employee engagement, reduction in voluntary turnover, and improved managerial performance reviews. We target everyone from aspiring managers to senior leadership in companies ranging from 250 – 200,000 employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.