Verb, Inc. is a remote-first company with HQ in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
As our Leadership Development Strategist, you will master and adopt Verb’s point of view on human-centered leadership development and learning in order to serve as an ambassador and expert both internally and externally. To enable sales, you will work with the Revenue team to strategize and consult with prospects and customers on how to best leverage Verb to meet both urgent and long-term leadership development needs. You have experience advising and/or taking a consultative approach with customers and prospects to enable sales.
This is a highly cross-functional hybrid role. It will tap into a variety of skill sets and wear multiple hats. You will be a member of Verb’s Content Team and report to the Director of Learning Content. You’ll work closely with our customer success, sales, marketing, design, and other product teams to create the best offering we can deliver to our customers.
To support and strengthen Verb+, Verb’s cohort-based blended leadership development program, you will recruit and train a diverse network of facilitators and coaches who deliver engaging live learning experiences in alignment with Verb’s curriculum and approach.
You’ll collaborate with instructional designers on the Content Team to create, update, and publish online content that keeps our library relevant, trusted, and highly engaging. Your support will focus on: collaborating in early development stages to prioritize topics, find and share the latest research, conduct reviews, and final editing tasks.
You’re a skilled communicator, learning experience designer, writer, and presenter that can flex styles according to your audience. Internally, you’ll review and edit marketing materials to ensure alignment with Verb’s point of view. There may be optional speaking opportunities to represent Verb at conferences or other industry events.
Generally, we expect this to be the breakdown of time and focus:
- 20% sales enablement (consulting & advising with prospects and customers)
- 20-35% recruiting and training Verb+ facilitators and coaches
- 20-30% content development support and collaboration
- 10-15% marketing support (editing & writing)
- 10% miscellaneous
Primary responsibilities of this role:
- Serve as a learning and development & leadership development expert by leading content strategy with prospects and customers.
- Partner with Verb’s Revenue Team members to articulate Verb’s value proposition in a way that meets the specific needs of each prospect.
- Design and deliver engaging presentations for prospects, customers, and/or learners, etc.
- Recruit, train, and keep engaged a diverse group of 10-20 facilitators and coaches to deliver Verb+, Verb’s cohort-based blended leadership development program.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team on Verb+ implementation to assign and support facilitators and coaches.
- Serve as an instructional designer on specific content assignments. Key activities include early-stage design collaboration, reviews, and final editing.
- Create, review, and edit marketing materials to infuse Verb’s point of view on human-centered leadership and how adults learn and develop skills.
- Plan for and organize all work using agile methodology within Jira to maintain transparency, efficiency, focus on priority work, and collaboration.
- Partner with freelancers and contractors as needed.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be adaptable and skilled at prioritizing work across multiple projects
- Must be able to move quickly, manage time effectively, and follow established processes
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- 5+ years experience in a learning and development or leadership development role within a mid-market or enterprise-sized organization
- Customer-facing and/or consulting role providing strategy related to organizational and leadership development
- Professional leadership coach and/or facilitator with experience designing and leading live virtual learning experiences
- Creating or editing marketing materials: white papers, blogs, social media posts, etc.
- Instructional designer, responsible for developing bite-sized, interactive, and online leadership development content. Original learning content samples may need to be submitted prior to a face-to-face interview
- Writing and editing in an approachable, yet professional, voice
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebration – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Our Company Benefits
- Competitive annual base salary: $95K – $105K
- 100% remote work
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse/children, or $200 monthly stipend if medical insurance is already covered via your partner)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend $25
- Optional 401(K)
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Optional short & long-term disability insurance
- A unique culture where you can be yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.