Verb, Inc. is based in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
We are engaging a senior designer in a 6 to 9 months contract to be embedded with our in-house team. This role will be focused on defining UX/UI solutions for system-wide navigation, information architecture, and user flow within our application. This might include rethinking where components within current elements are surfaced.
As the lead UX/UI designer, you will:
- Lead our design team (which consists of a UX researcher/designer and a visual designer) for approximately 6 to 9 months
- NOTE: Verb’s staff UX designer/researcher and a UI/graphic designer will have other responsibilities during this time period as well — they won’t be 100% on this project, but will & should be highly involved in the design process
- Collaborate with product management to define scope and break down the designs into an executable plan
- Collaborate with engineering to land on technically elegant & feasible solutions
- Collaborate with the content team to ensure consistent content strategy & alignment with our learning principles
- Collaborate with UX researcher on prototype testing
What You’ll Need to Be Successful at Verb
- A quick study who can speedily digest & embody our current product, our adult learning principles, and future product vision
- A systems thinker who can zoom out and rearrange moving parts at a macro-level
- Able to drill in and be really detail oriented when needed; able to identify dependencies, edge cases, and understand how all the small pieces will work together
- A great facilitator who can lead the group through brainstorms, solicit input from multiple perspectives, and achieve consensus.
- Someone who can communicate and translate design concepts and decisions to different audiences—from engineers to marketing
- A thoughtful cross-functional partner who has the ability to ask the right questions throughout a project’s lifecycle and look for opportunities to improve working relationships and processes
- An excellent prioritizer who can keep an eye on the scope of a project
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Experience & Skills
- 6+ years in UX/UI design
- Experience as the lead designer on several complex products
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising other designers
- Knowledge in both UX and UI design, with an expertise in UX design
- Experience designing mobile-first products
- Proficient in a major design tool (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD) and prototyping software (InVision, Zeplin, etc).
- Up-to-date on the latest best practices and emerging trends in UX and visual design. (Knowledge of design systems and design tokens is nice to have.)
- Experience designing for accessibility best practices; deep knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 is a plus
- Experience working in agile/scrum environments
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
Desired start date: August 1, 2021
Salary (contract): $10k/month
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.