Verb, Inc. is a remote-first company with HQ in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
As our freelance Illustrator/Graphic Designer, you will create illustrations within Verb’s leadership development content. You will create graphics in Verb style that enhance learning and experience. You will work closely with our Director of Learning Content, our Senior Graphic Designer, and our Instructional Designers. Currently, this is a variable project-based freelance position with an estimated 10-40 hours of work per month. Candidates may be considered for marketing design support for an additional project-based (5-15 hours per month) on an as needed basis. The total duration of projects is expected to be 6 months or longer.
- Deliver creative digitally created designs in Verb’s distinctive hand-drawn style that express complex concepts with simple imagery.
- Deliver illustrations that translate complex ideas in to simplified graphics, iconography, infographics, etc.
- Design layout and illustrations for worksheets linked within our content
- Collaborate cross-functionally with non-designers during the creative process to deliver the high quality graphics.
- Upload illustrations and link files within platform using Verb’s content builder
- Work within our agile process to maintain accurate schedules/status for all design deliverables
- Adhere to current style guidelines for all illustrations, layouts, and styling
- Contribute to maintaining a highly skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- 2+ years graphic design experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates previous experience and skillset ready to share
- Experience conveying complex concepts through design
- Experience with producing digitally/hand-drawn illustrations
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Comfort with and commitment to effective business process
- Ability to take constructive criticism and change direction when needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourceful self-starter who works well with others and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, HTML, and CSS
- Marketing-project specific skills:
- Ability to combine graphic design and illustration to create deliverables such as: infographics, white papers and case studies
- Design deliverables that are easy to read, scannable, and elevate written content
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create illustrations and icons for website and marketing materials
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to the community, and create joy.
Desired start date: August 16, 2021
Salary (contract): $40/hour
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.