Verb, Inc. is based in beautiful Austin, Texas and is transforming the employee leadership development landscape by providing high-quality and scalable leadership training solutions. Verb helps companies train their managers and teams, leading to stronger company performance and culture. Verb’s subscription learning platform includes an original library of leadership content delivered in bite-sized, actionable lessons. Our premium product, Verb+, combines online learning with live workshops and 1-on-1 coaching. Verb’s training creates better leaders because, unlike competitors, it’s practice-based and includes critical capabilities like self-awareness, empathy, inclusion, and resilience. Verb’s customers include brands such as Whole Foods, Facebook, Chanel, and Bumble.
- As the technical leader at Verb, partner with executive stakeholders to drive strategy and ensure that technology meets business needs
- Responsible for the entire full-stack software development lifecycle, in collaboration with product leadership
- Supervise, actively participate with & develop our engineering team
- Oversee all Verb platform technology, optimize scalability, security, and stability
- Work closely with the product management team to design new features, coordinate all deliverables, plan sprints, and allocate engineering resources
- Manage Verb scrum teams and hold regular 1-on-1s with full-stack engineers and QA analysts. Deliver regular feedback as needed (especially positive feedback for exceptional work) as well as annual performance reviews in order to support our engineers’ long-term career growth and job satisfaction
- Guide the engineering team’s research and provide feedback on third-party technology solutions that would be suitable to better support the various internal teams
- Monitor all Verb systems, detect potential issues, and implement an automated alert system for potential system failures
- Analyze and further define all QA processes and functions for continued success
- Support sales and customer success teams by providing tech documentation and collaborating with client engineering teams
- Track and report on all engineering team operating expenses; forecast team and infrastructure expenses
- Promote team L+D initiatives and organize tech talks as well as other learning opportunities
What You’ll Need To Be Successful At Verb
- Build Verb’s technology brand through participation in virtual mentor groups, tech talks, and meetups
- Build out a robust integration ecosystem with the biggest L&D platforms
- Carry out all administrative tasks for engineering Verb’s third-party tools
- Work in contemporary infrastructure technologies for cloud services along with modern frontend and backend languages such as Node and Go
- Develop (new build), launch & scale mobile app on both Android and iOS
- Maintain a people roadmap; recruit, hire, and train new tech engineers
- Excellent listener and communicator, skilled at building strong relationships both internally and externally
- Willingness to learn about our company culture and products as well as contribute to the strategic direction of the company
- Establish short- & long-term objectives, schedules, plans, and policies for the design, development & launch of current and future products.
- Supervise and optimize the entire innovation process, from ideation to product launch, balancing ROI and time to market.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Experience
- 7+ years of SaaS engineering experience
- 4+ years of software engineering leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and scale teams
- Experience working with outsourced engineering partners/vendors
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment with continuous integrations & deployments
Our Company Values
- Magic – We believe in something bigger than ourselves and that anything is possible for anyone.
- Leadership – We courageously take responsibility and inhabit an owner’s mindset.
- Design – We pursue excellence-in form and function-through creativity, adaptability, and iteration.
- Authenticity – We speak truth, do what we say we will do, and create space for everyone’s honest expression.
- Curiosity – We are always learning. We question answers and maintain open minds.
- Celebrate – We love what we do. We pause to celebrate our achievements, connect to community, and create joy
Our Company Benefits
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work (with the option to use our ATX office)
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision (optional including spouse)
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Life insurance coverage
- Short & long-term disability insurance (optional)
- A unique culture where you can be the best version of yourself
At Verb, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.