Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
This position will create learning content that achieves Verb’s brand promise to unlock and cultivate human potential through Verb’s proven leadership framework. This position will create highly engaging, thought-provoking, and interactive content that appeals to adult professionals at all stages of their career. This position will work closely with the SVP of Learning Strategy as well as customer experience, sales, marketing, design, and product teams to create the best offering we can deliver to our customers. This position may also work with freelancers and content partners when applicable.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and facilitating leadership development courses, as well as online, mobile-ready training modules and micro-learning that is both engaging and drives behavioral change and measurable learning outcomes. Must have experience developing for mobile consumption. We are seeking a curious, creative, self-motivated researcher who can make the latest science fun and interesting. Must be able to move quickly, manage time effectively, and follow established processes.
- Partner with Verb Sales Executives to understand customer goals, pain-points, and vision related to people development, leadership and learning
- Partner with Sales Executives to identify Verb’s unique value proposition for potential customers and how Verb fits within existing HR and L&D ecosystems
- Serves as an L&D and leadership development expert to enable sales and customer success
- Advocate for content development process and content roadmap to clearly communicate with Sales and Customer Success teams about achievable content timelines and processes
- Design effective and engaging learning strategies for customers
- Partner with SVP, Learning Strategy to support learning strategy with evidence-based adult learning principles, behavior change theory, and engagement strategies
- Configure Verb content to meet customer goals and drive learner engagement
- Immersion in up-to-date Verb content and product features to support the most effective learning strategies
- Apply an experimental lense to learning strategy where appropriate and follow through to document what has worked, what hasn’t and why
- Advocate for a blended learning approach to whole person development
- Advocate for and create effective change management strategies and approaches to learning and whole person development to set customers up for success
- Develop and curate engaging content that supports whole-person development
- Adapt tone, style, and structure of content to serve multiple levels of professional experience
- Review and edit existing content to ensure quality across the platform
- Partner with strategic thought leaders, authors, and brands to input their content
- Create custom content for customers as needed
- Partner with freelancers and contractors as needed
- Provide a consistent experience, level of service, and end product to our various audiences.
- Create learning assets so well-constructed, fun, and transformational that users will be left wanting more.
- Create mentorship and collaboration prompts that will lead to learning and the development of effective learning relationships
- Find great articles, podcasts, books, frameworks, and videos that will aid in the development of whole-person leaders.
- Facilitate effective workshops for our customers based on original content
- Write in an approachable, yet professional, voice.
- Be adaptable and skilled at prioritization with multiple projects and numerous priorities
- Partner well with stakeholders including freelancers, internal teams, account owners, and users
- Create content for a digital platform and offer suggestions for improvement
- Adhere to Verb’s standards and content framework
- Be willing to learn new skills and create new, possibly disruptive materials for higher engagement of our users
- Intelligently leverage experts, previously existing materials, and the rest of the team to make excellent talent development materials on a wide range of topics
- Write well, edit well, and think creatively
- Stay current on the latest trends in leadership development, whole-person development, leadership, and conscious business
- Contribute to building a highly-skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team
- Exhibit self-reliance and the ability to find answers and inspiration on your own
- 4-year degree in writing, instructional design, communications, or related field
- Experience writing for a business audience
- Experience writing for mobile delivery
- Proven ability to be flexible, proactive, and make good decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience creating micro-learning assets or micro-fiction
- Proven ability to develop/deliver content for adult learners
- Ability to focus and turn out work in an organized and timely fashion
- Experience communicating to large groups of diverse stakeholders (ideally from a variety of geographic locations)
- Proven work ethic and ability to work independently
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond quickly and appropriately to changing priorities
- Desire for feedback from stakeholders to help improve content, delivery mechanisms, and tone and style
- Proven record of offering high levels of customer service to internal customers
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- A passion for both the “being” and the “doing” of leadership, soft skill building and a sense of ownership for the success of the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving/prevention skills
- Instructional Design Certification (in adult learning) a plus
- Experience in leadership is a plus
- Role is based in Austin, TX
This is a contract-to-hire position. If you convert full time at the end of the contract period, you will become eligible for full benefits (Medical, Dental, Life, 401k) along with options.
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.