Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
This position will edit and test content to ensure that it achieves Verb’s brand promise to unlock and cultivate human potential. This position will ensure Verb creates highly engaging, thought-provoking, and interactive content that appeals to adult professionals at all stages of their career. This position may work with freelancers and content partners when applicable.
The ideal candidate will be an eagle-eyed editor and have unparalleled attention to detail. The ideal candidate will also have some experience in adult learning, instructional design, and digital delivery of learning content.
- Review and test content for sound instructional design and errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Notate and/or correct errors either through digital or analog means.
- Create personal processes to ensure consistent and reliable corrections.
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Verify facts using standard reference sources.
- Evaluate submissions from writers and prioritize what to publish.
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed.
- Review digital content to ensure it adheres to Verb’s style and editorial policy.
- Assist in developing story and content ideas while being mindful of the audience.
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story.
- Approve final versions of content offerings.
- Provide a consistent experience, level of service, and end product to our various audiences.
- Create learning assets and journeys so well-constructed, fun, and transformational that users will be left wanting more.
- Test collaborative learning prompts for each member of a peer learning group or mentorship to ensure learning outcomes.
- Communicate efficiently with content developers when issues are found, even if they’ve already been corrected.
- File tickets in Asana/JIRA when issues can’t be corrected in content alone.
- Find great articles, podcasts, books, frameworks, and videos that will aid in the development of whole-person leaders.
- Edit/write in an approachable, yet professional, voice.
- Work professionally, compassionately, and assertively to create repeatable processes that drive efficiency.
- Be adaptable and skilled at prioritization with multiple projects and numerous priorities.
- Partner with stakeholders including freelancers, internal content team, and possibly other teams at Verb.
- Adhere to Verb’s standards and content framework.
- Be willing to learn new skills and create new, possibly disruptive materials for higher engagement of our users.
- Stay current on the latest trends in leadership development, whole-person development, leadership, and conscious business.
- Contribute to building a highly-skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team.
- Exhibit self-reliance and the ability to find answers on your own.
- 4-year degree in writing, instructional design, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Experience working in a professional environment.
- Proven ability to develop/deliver content for adult learners
- Proven ability to be flexible, proactive, and make good decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- A track record of delivering projects on time.
- Curiosity about the day-to-day experience of our learners.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to focus and turn out work in an organized fashion.
- Willingness to adhere to process and improve processes when necessary.
- Desire for feedback from stakeholders to help improve content, delivery mechanisms, and tone and style.
- A passion for both the “being” and the “doing” of leadership, soft-skill building, and a sense of ownership for the success of the business.
- A learning mindset.
- Experience leading a team
- Instructional Design Certification (in adult learning) a plus.
- Experience creating micro-learning assets or micro-fiction.
- Experience communicating to large groups of diverse stakeholders (ideally from a variety of geographic locations).
Role is based in Austin, TX.
This is a contract-to-hire position. If you convert full time at the end of the contract period, you will become eligible for full benefits (Medical, Dental, Life, 401k) along with options.
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.