Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
This position will create talent development content that achieves Verb’s brand promise to unlock and cultivate human potential through Verb’s proven leadership framework. This position will create highly engaging, thought-provoking, and interactive content that appeals to adult professionals at all stages of their career. This position will work closely with the Sr. Vice President of Content Strategy as well as customer experience, sales, marketing, design, and product teams to create the best offering we can deliver to our customers. This position may also work with freelancers and content partners when applicable.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and facilitating leadership development courses, as well as online, mobile-ready training modules and micro-learning that is both engaging and drives behavioral change and measurable learning outcomes. Must have experience developing for mobile consumption. We are seeking a curious, creative, self-motivated researcher who can make the latest science fun and interesting. Must be able to move quickly, manage time effectively, and follow established processes.
- Develop and curate engaging content that supports whole-person development.
- Adapt tone, style, and structure of content to serve multiple levels of professional experience.
- Review and edit existing content to ensure quality across the platform.
- Partner with strategic thought leaders, authors, and brands to input their content.
- Create custom content for customers as needed.
- Partner with freelancers and contractors as needed.
- Provide a consistent experience, level of service, and end product to our various audiences.
- Create learning assets so well-constructed, fun, and transformational that users will be left wanting more.
- Create mentorship and collaboration prompts that will lead to learning.
- Find great articles, podcasts, books, frameworks, and videos that will aid in the development of whole-person leaders.
- Write in an approachable, yet professional, voice.
- Be adaptable and skilled at prioritization with multiple projects and numerous priorities.
- Partner well with stakeholders including freelancers, internal teams, account owners, and users.
- Create content for a digital platform and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Adhere to Verb’s standards and content framework.
- Be willing to learn new skills and create new, possibly disruptive materials for higher engagement of our users.
- Intelligently leverage experts, previously existing materials, and the rest of the team to make excellent talent development materials on a wide range of topics.
- Write well, edit well, and think creatively.
- Stay current on the latest trends in leadership development, whole-person development, leadership, and conscious business.
- Contribute to building a highly-skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team.
- Exhibit self-reliance and the ability to find answers and inspiration on your own.
- 4-year degree in writing, instructional design, communications, or related field
- Experience writing for a business audience
- Experience writing for mobile delivery
- Proven ability to be flexible, proactive, and make good decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience creating micro-learning assets or micro-fiction
- Proven ability to develop/deliver content for adult learners
- Ability to focus and turn out work in an organized and timely fashion
- Experience communicating to large groups of diverse stakeholders (ideally from a variety of geographic locations)
- Proven work ethic and ability to work independently
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond quickly and appropriately to changing priorities
- Desire for feedback from stakeholders to help improve content, delivery mechanisms, and tone and style
- Proven record of offering high levels of customer service to internal customers
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- A passion for both the “being” and the “doing” of leadership, soft skill building and a sense of ownership for the success of the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving/prevention skills
- Instructional Design Certification (in adult learning) a plus
- Experience in leadership is a plus
- Role is based in Austin, TX
Verb is a small, fast-growing technology company based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to unlock the potential of 1MM people through whole person development at work. We do this by providing innovative online leadership training that combines mindset and skillset development, collaborative learning, and performance feedback. We sell to enterprise and mid-market customers who offer Verb’s SaaS platform to their employees as a professional development tool.
Our company evolved out of the need to provide engaging, accessible, and effective leadership development for employees in a variety of jobs, from knowledge workers to retail employees. We track our success through key metrics such as increases in rates of internal promotion, employee engagement, reduction in voluntary turnover, and improved managerial performance reviews. We target everyone from aspiring managers to senior leadership in companies ranging from 250 – 200,000 employees.
This is a contract-to-hire position. If you convert full time at the end of the contract period, you will become eligible for full benefits (Medical, Dental, Life, 401k) along with options.
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.